Traveling can be incredibly stressful. You constantly check to make sure you packed everything and then the rest is usually out of your control.
(This list is inspired about a long weekend trip that is going to happen in oh a few hours from now…)
Here are some ideas for essentials to make your travel more comfortable and cozy.
1. Socks. This one might not seem obvious, but there is nothing more grimy than having to be barefoot on the airport floor.
2. External Phone Battery Charger. Because you don’t want to be plugged into a random outlet at the airport, make sure you charge your phone and if you can keep one of these handy.
3. Headphones. Whether you are a lucky duck and your plane has TVs, or if you’re using your own device. Headphones are a must. Bonus points because they cancel out the baby screaming in 14E.
4. Mints/Gum. Between the pressure and the dry air in the cabin, you will want to have mints or gum on hand.
5. An Adorable Sleep Mask. Because if you have one of those cute sleep masks you need to flaunt it.
6. Magazines/Books. Like real ones. I’m a big believer in turning pages and no flight attendant tells you to turn your (actual) book off.
7. A Cozy Sweater / Sweatshirt. It doesn’t matter if you’re flying to warmer climates, that plane is going to be cold. Just bring one. You’ll thank me.
8. Advil/ or whatever. Again with the change of pressure and just the environment of the plane, make sure your meds are on you. Especially if you get motion sickness, because you never know if the flight will be bumpy.
9. Water Bottle. Bring it empty and fill it up after security. Hydration is key.
10. And because I’m writing this list: Yarn!! Or if you’re not a yarn enthusiast, maybe a different project. But yea I’m the one with he metal crochet hooks that makes the metal detector freak out.
Bon Voyage :)